Question
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/10/14

HOLDING LOVE - A LESSON FOR ALL

I once had a friend who grew to be very close to me. Once when we were sitting at the edge of a swimming pool, she filled the palm of her hand with a little water and held it before me, and
said this: You see this water carefully contained on my hand? It symbolises Love. As long as you keep your hand caringly open and allow it to rest there, it will stay there. However, if you attempt to close your fingers around it and try to posses
it, it will spill through the first cracks it finds.This is the greatest
mistake that people make when they meet love...
They try to posses it, they demand, they expect... and just like the
water spilling out of your hand, Love will retreat from you. For love is meant to be free, you cannot change its nature. If you have people you love, allow them to be free beings. Give and don't expect. Advise, but don't order. Ask, but never demand. It might sound simple, but it is a lesson that may take a lifetime to truly practice.

It is the secret to true Love. To truly practice it, you must sincerely feel no Expectations from those who you love, and yet an unconditional caring.

Take this to heart.

May the sun shine brightly on your dreams & wishes.

PARIS
XXX

Nice message, raising important lessons.

3
Posted by: BC | 2004/10/14

PARIS, thist is so true, thanks so much for puting it down in those beautiful words. Till today, I only truely understand, and yes, it takes lifetime to practice.

Hugs

Reply to BC
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/10/14

Thanks CP.

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: CP MOM | 2004/10/14

Paris - this is absolutely stunning - and so true. Thanx girlfriend :-)

Reply to CP MOM