Question
Posted by: vicky | 2005/12/08

HMS/Ehlers Danlos Syndrome - Hypermobility

Hello,

I was diagnosed with Hypermobility Syndrome back in the 90s, my joints stablized somewhat til 1 yr ago and now the pains r back.

I have since seen an Orthapaedic specialist who didnt know the condition HMS, he practically laughed in my face and showed me the door.

How can i get some recognition of this condition and get some help for it? I am currently taking Glucosamine and Chrondotin with cod liver oil, i also wear insoles to stablize my ankles as this causes problems with the flexibility, have fallen over a few times with this.

Any suggestions??

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Vicky

You need to be able to stabilise whatever range you have so I would suggest getting into the gym and focussing on strength training.

Douglas

1
Posted by: Belinda | 2006/03/07

Hi there Vicky. I also have HMS, and would love to get in contact with you. I'm not sure how to get hold of you, but it would be great to know someone else in South Africa, so we could share useful contacts and advise, etc.

Reply to Belinda