Question
Posted by: rabba | 2004/10/07

hives

Good day
I had a problem with my skin and was told by my gp it is related to hives.I never had this kind of allergie ever in my life and would like to know what is the cause and if there anything else i can do to treat it besides the medication as it is too expensive...my skin starts to itch terribly when i swim in cold water or after a bath and produces small pimples on the areas where it's itching. I am a 27 yr old male and i dont have any other allergies please help me my life would be a missery if i could not swim anymore or take a bath without have to itch all the the time.

Rabba, it sounds like an allergy or skin sensitivity from this side of the screen. The best would be to have your blood tested for s-IgE levels and see whether you’re allergic or not. You might even have a physical allergy – this means that you have an allergic reaction when exposed to physical stimuli like cold, sunlight, heat or mild trauma. Good luck.