Posted by: rabba | 2004/10/07


Good day
I had a problem with my skin and was told by my gp it is related to hives.I never had this kind of allergie ever in my life and would like to know what is the cause and if there anything else i can do to treat it besides the medication as it is too skin starts to itch terribly when i swim in cold water or after a bath and produces small pimples on the areas where it's itching. I am a 27 yr old male and i dont have any other allergies please help me my life would be a missery if i could not swim anymore or take a bath without have to itch all the the time.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Rabba, it sounds like an allergy or skin sensitivity from this side of the screen. The best would be to have your blood tested for s-IgE levels and see whether you’re allergic or not. You might even have a physical allergy – this means that you have an allergic reaction when exposed to physical stimuli like cold, sunlight, heat or mild trauma. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.