Posted by: Jenna | 2004/10/07


I used to be promiscuous in my teen years and had lots of fun with lots of partners. My rule was no condom no sex and I stuck to that. I gave that up and had a steady guy for a year and we had a son and I later married someone else and had a girl with him. The children are 6 and 2. I have now gotten divorced and have found someone truly special. He says he doesnt want to have sex forever with a condom and have spoken about having a baby. Problem is he wants me to have an AIDS test. I am a regular blood donor and I am not scared of having the test done. I dont think I have aids or hiv. Do you think he is being unreasonable? I dont but I havent got a medical aid or something and need to know where I can have one done for free so that I can set his mind at ease. I love him and will do anything for him.

Please help me.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageHIV Peer Forum

You can have the test at any clinic/dayhospital

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Inc | 2004/10/07

Hi Jenna

Considering the statistics these days... I don't think he is being unreasonable... it would be advisable for both of you to be tested... If you don't have medical aid... you can go to a goverment hospital or to the clinic in your area... take the test, but make sure he takes the test too.

Reply to Inc

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.