Question
Posted by: lizel | 2004/11/15

hiv vs blood count

I went for an eye operation three months ago. When the Dr. did the pre-operation test he said my blood count was a bit low but everything is fine I can be operated. I just wanted to find out what does this mean?Does it mean when your blood count is low your hiv+???

Expert ImageHIV Peer Forum

No what he most probaby meant is that your red celcount was lowl

2
Posted by: (0) | 2004/11/16

A blood count check the number of white blood cells. When you have an infection or are under huge stress you will have a low "blood count" Even HIV- people may from time to time have a CD4 count below 200. Did you know that?????????

Reply to (0)
Posted by: Inc | 2004/11/15

No Liezel... I'm not sure what test did he do on you? He must have been checking corpusels. What blood count is low? If you want to know your HIV status, then you need to do an HIV blood test.

Reply to Inc