Question
Posted by: aa | 2007/03/19

HIV trasmission

I am concerned about a particular situation. If a girl was kissing a male would there be any chance of transmitting HIV? The circumstances were following:
The guy had a cut on his finger and he sucked his blood.
After a couple of minutes they were french kissing, but not very "deeply". Could HIV be transmitted in that particular situation. And how many days after that could there be HIV testing done?

Please reply to the following questions on me e-mail, I would be very thankful.
PS You are awesome!!! Your website is amazing ;)

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

HIV could be transmitted in that situation, but it's unlikely. If you have any concerns that you have been exposed to infection, however, you should get tested. Please refer the question to CyberDoc or our Sexologist, though, as this is not my area. For more info on transmission, testing and all aspects of HIV/Aids, have a look at our HIV section.