Question
Posted by: JD | 2007/08/25

HIV TESTING AND RESULTS

HI
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THAT WHEN YOU HAVE A NEGATIVE RESULT IF IT COULD BE POSSIBLE FOR IT TO CHANGE WITH IN SIX MONTHS AFTER NOT HAVING CONTACT WITH A PERSON WITH HIV IN THAT TIME. NOT KNOWING THAT THE PERSON YOU WERE WITH IS POSITIVE OR NOT. SHOULD YOU HAVE IT CHECKED AGAIN AND AGAIN JUST TO BE SURE. CAN U EVER BE SURE ? I

There is a window period before the test becomes positive. This is about a month. So, if you sleep with someone, you should testa month later to be sure that you were not infected. Obviously, each time you sleep with someone you are at risk, even the same person.