Question
Posted by: Mandy | 2004/11/23

hiv test

my sister is hiv+ this year we sent her daughter for a test as well and they came negative she is 4years, do we need to take her for the second test, we took her to a local clinic. does the child have a window period, is the same day clinic test accurate?

Expert ImageArchive

I do not know what test they do at the clinic so cannot comment on the sensitivity of the test. There is no window period. If she is negative at the age of 4 she is negative. If you want to make absolutely sure an Elisa test can be done on the child.

2
Posted by: Madala | 2004/12/22

What is this Elisa test ????

Reply to Madala
Posted by: Zuki | 2004/12/07

Hi Mandy
I dont think you need worry abt her daughter. If she four and tested negative now I dnt think you need to worry bcoz if the was a mother to child transmittion, the test could have picked the virus by now.

Reply to Zuki