Question
Posted by: Leticia | 2006/11/09

HIV QUESTION - HELP??

Will sleeping with someone who is HIV negative infect me?
I need to now coz I've been around but now I need to settle down. I 'm scared to sleep with one more person without a condom bcoz I will be putting my life in danger??

please help.

If you sleep with someone who is HIV negative you cannot get HIV unless they are in the window period and have not become positive yet.

2
Posted by: Maya | 2006/11/10

The window period for HIV is 3 months, always use a condom the risks in general are not worth it:)

Reply to Maya
Posted by: Lou | 2006/11/09

You can only get infected with HIV if you sleep with a person who is HIV positive. However, you risk contracting other STD's if you are not responsible and use a condom. Also remember, that the person may think they are HIV neg, but are in fact in the window period where it has not showed up on a test yet.

It is far wiser to have safe sex and use a condom and not sleep around.

Reply to Lou