Question
Posted by: tebogo | 2004/01/28

hiv positive and full blown

If the doctor tells you full blown, does that mean there is no hope or perhaps the virus is the majority ruler in your body.

The reason is that I am still healthy and just discovered recently of my status because of tiredness and losing weight, but I dont understand full blown please anyone clarify..

Expert ImageHIV Peer Forum

This term means that your immune system has deteriorated to a piont where your CD 4(t helper cellcount) has dropped to below 200. You would be exposed to infections that could make you ill and you have to now start antoretoviral therapy to restore your immune system. You should also be taking certain medication to protect yourself from oppertunistic infections.

7
Posted by: Hilda | 2004/03/08

Hi,Tebogo I might not understand what you are going through,but one thing is true is that it is painful and heartbreaking- BUT be assured that JESUS CHRIST came to set the captives free,to liberate us from any bondage and He says to you,''Whatever is impossible with man is possible with God", you only need to surrender your life to the BEST healer in town our Lord and Saviour.

He says, I can heal ALL your deseases and set you free.Christ has redeemed us from the curse of law (Gal3:13),you have been redeemed from any sicknesses and deseases including HIV/AIDS.Stand up and take your life from the devil in the Name of Jesus Christ.Receive your healing ,receive your dliverance and walk in Jesus Name.

AMEN (Let it be according to your faith.)

Reply to Hilda
Posted by: Inc | 2004/01/30

Hi Tebogo...
You are in my prayers too! Look after yourself... eat properly... I dont know what to say! I hope you get onto that antiretroviral treatment soon... I can't make this time any easier for you... but I will keep praying! God Bless!

Reply to Inc
Posted by: malaika | 2004/01/30

You should seek counselling or psychological help to help you cope with the changes in your life.It won't be easy at first.I know this very well but with time, you will come round.It all depends on you and what you choose.Like they say; you can choose to live with hiv/aids or to die from hiv/aids.I will keep you in my prayers that the good lord may strengthen you.

Reply to malaika
Posted by: tebogo | 2004/01/30

Trace

He did blood tests and at the moment I dont use any medication. I am not doing well emotionally and that will weaken me.

Reply to tebogo
Posted by: Trace | 2004/01/30

Hi there,
Did your doc do blood tests to come up with that conclusion or did he just base this on being tired and losing weight? Are you on medication at the moment?

Reply to Trace
Posted by: me | 2004/01/29

Hi Tebogo, I am so sorry to read about your health. You will be in my prayers, as I've had a brother who was full blown. I just hope your family does not treat you like his (in-laws) did.
You will be depressed and angry, I suggest you go and have councelling, my friend.
Good Luck.

Reply to me
Posted by: Inc | 2004/01/28

Tebogo... Full Blown... means that you have Full Blown AIDS... which means that you need medication and that your Viral load and C4 counts are in critical condition! I am so sorry! If your doctor says something that you dont understand... you have every right to ask him to explain it to you... Good luck my friend!

Reply to Inc