Posted by: cece | 2004/01/16

hiv positive

Good morning,

I found out that i am hiv positive 2 days after christmas and i'm trying to accept it. Its very hard. My cd level count is okay beause my gp said and i am only due to see him in june this year. I need to know is it true that hiv positive people can receive goverment grants? Wher do i have to go to get registered. To all the hiv + people out there live,eat healthy and exercise. Thank you.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageHIV Peer Forum

No, not all HIV can get a grant. You can only get a grant if you are disabled

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Inc | 2004/01/20

I see that no one has responded to your question... firstly, I am really sorry about your discovery! I know exactly what it feels like... the stigma of being HIV+ can leave you feeling quite lonely and rejected. However, please know that you are not alone...
About your question... I know that HIV+ people can apply for a grant, but I am not sure about the conditions. Call at your local welfare organisation and ask them if they can refer you to someone who will be able to give you more information. Good luck and God Bless!

Reply to Inc

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.