Question
Posted by: cece | 2004/01/16

hiv positive

Good morning,

I found out that i am hiv positive 2 days after christmas and i'm trying to accept it. Its very hard. My cd level count is okay beause my gp said and i am only due to see him in june this year. I need to know is it true that hiv positive people can receive goverment grants? Wher do i have to go to get registered. To all the hiv + people out there live,eat healthy and exercise. Thank you.

Expert ImageHIV Peer Forum

No, not all HIV can get a grant. You can only get a grant if you are disabled

1
Posted by: Inc | 2004/01/20

I see that no one has responded to your question... firstly, I am really sorry about your discovery! I know exactly what it feels like... the stigma of being HIV+ can leave you feeling quite lonely and rejected. However, please know that you are not alone...
About your question... I know that HIV+ people can apply for a grant, but I am not sure about the conditions. Call at your local welfare organisation and ask them if they can refer you to someone who will be able to give you more information. Good luck and God Bless!

Reply to Inc