Question
Posted by: Pony | 2007/06/12

HIV Les

I'm a visitor.
I'm just curious on how do les make love if the other one is positive? Reason why I ask is, since there's oral sex more invovled here then don't you get scared of being infected though slim chances on oral sex, so says the dr.

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Pony and thanks for posting...

I assume 'Les' refers to lesbian people?

HIV is not spread through any sexual act as such - it is spread through body fluids. Two body fluids are high risk, due to their having a high concentration of the virus, and two fluids are low risk. High risk fluids are blood and semen, and low risk are vaginal fluid and pre-ejaculate. In lesbian sex we thus only have to be concerned about blood, with vaginal fluid posing a much lower risk.

Unless a woman is menstruating, or spotting post menstruation, it is most unlikely that there will be blood in her vaginal area. However, if you're concerned, cover your partner's vaginal area with a sheet of kitchen wrap (use the non-microwave variety - the one for microwaving has tiny holes for steam to escape during cooking). For added pleasure place some lube under the cling-wrap. Doesn't sound too appetising I know......

If you're concerned about your partner having traces of blood in her vagina during sex play, and you're concerned about having any small cuts on your fingers or hands through which the virus could possibly enter your bloodstream, pour a few drops of lemon juice or vinegar over your hands before you play... if it burns you'll know your skin is not intact and you’ll need to use a latex glove.

1
Posted by: Pony | 2007/06/14

Tkx a mil doc.
I have had few encounters with women but was just concerned w.r.t. that issue!

Reply to Pony