Question
Posted by: Vrystaat! | 2006/04/07

HIV doctor

How do you find yourself a good doctor if you have HIV? I can't always be open with my doctor he doesn't even know I'm gay. Bloemfontein area here.

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Vrystaat and welcome to our forum. The best referrals are often made by friends who can make a personal recommendation but sometimes this is not possible, for example if your friends don't know that you're HIV positive.

I will attempt to find a gay-friendly doctor who's experienced in HIV management in Bloemfontein and will modify this response if I find one. So please check back here again in a few days' time. In the interim, hopefully someone else from Bloemfontein will be able to make a suggestion.