Posted by: Vrystaat! | 2006/04/07

HIV doctor

How do you find yourself a good doctor if you have HIV? I can't always be open with my doctor he doesn't even know I'm gay. Bloemfontein area here.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Vrystaat and welcome to our forum. The best referrals are often made by friends who can make a personal recommendation but sometimes this is not possible, for example if your friends don't know that you're HIV positive.

I will attempt to find a gay-friendly doctor who's experienced in HIV management in Bloemfontein and will modify this response if I find one. So please check back here again in a few days' time. In the interim, hopefully someone else from Bloemfontein will be able to make a suggestion.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.