Question
Posted by: Riza | 2008/06/24

HIV - Desperate please help

My fiend was advised to stop ARV's because of Lactic Acid being 4.6. She lost weight , has trouble eating, keeps on getting sores and ulcers,boils,rashes etc. How can i help? to boost immune what vitamins? Moducare? also for eating will Ensure help? what else, please help im desperate here!! She is a mother with children. She is so sick, depressed and cant stop crying, i have to do something! and foods? what foods?

Hi Riza
Yes you can definitely give her Moducare. There is a food supplement that works quite well called Sibusiso Ready Food Supplement – ask your pharmacy to order for you – it is expensive but keeps quite long – it looks like peanut butter and can be eaten just like this or on bread. Diet should be fresh fruit and vegetables, fruit juices, grains and wholewheat and meat without preservatives.

2
Posted by: Malee | 2008/07/10

Please try Canova, my CD4 count was 204 and it helped a lot.

Reply to Malee
Posted by: Tango | 2008/06/24

Please ask her to contact her local Hospice for advive on all these questions and more. They are also there with a multi disciplinary team to help for support of her and her family.

Reply to Tango