Question
Posted by: Lyrics | 2005/12/01

HIV and STIs

Do I have to see / have any STis before i know that I'm HIV positive?

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Lyrics!

By no means do you need to have any such symptoms to know that you are HIV positive. Many people with the HIV virus in their blood live healthy lives and are quite unaware of being positive. This is because, depending on your lifestyle, the virus can take quite a while before compromising your immune system to such a point that you become vunlerable to opportunistic infections and start showing tell-tail symptoms.

Getting tested at least 3 months after possible exposure to the virus is the best way of finding out whether you are positive or not. Finding out while you're still healthy will help you keep it that way.

Stay well!
Laurent