Question
Posted by: mom to be | 2005/07/01

HIV and pregnant

Hi Gynae

I urgently need your help. I am 35 weeks pregnant and currently taking medication and luckily not yet experiencing the side effects.
I am taking three kinds of pills ART, Scrotin and not sure what the other one is.

Please let me know whether it is necessary to take all 3 medications of which 2 are twice a day and 1at night.
My physician feels that Scrotin is not good for me and yet Medipharmacy insists that I take all three. I am so scared doc please advice before I do anything silly. My gynae told me to go ahead and drink all three. Who is right (the gynae and mediphamarcy or the Physician)

I can't advise unless I know what the medications are. I'm sure your gynaecologist will have given you the correct advice.