Question
Posted by: peter | 2004/11/09

hit ball into ground 10cm infront of t when driving

I keep hitting my ball into the ground just infront of my t when driving after that bounce it still goes 100- 200 meters, what am I doing wrong.

Peter

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Peter

Make sure that your weight distribution and ball position are correct (this can cause the fat shots)

Have a look at the following website - http://www.golfauction.co.za/general/tips/general/weight_distribution.htm and http://www.golfauction.co.za/general/tips/general/ball_position.htm

This should also help :

With a driver you are looking to strike the ball on a more upward swing path, therefore during the initial setup you need to place the ball on the inside of your left foot as shown on LHS. Your stance should be the same width apart as your shoulders allowing for more control and stability.

Golf Expert

5
Posted by: O4afairway | 2005/07/25

I have the same problem. I can hit my irons perfectly, but I either end up with a hard duck hook, a spray right, or more often, the driver skids of the ground. Worse, is when I notice I've actually taken a divet 4 inches ahead of contact. It feels like the wrists are turning over on me, anyone with anymore advice?

Reply to O4afairway
Posted by: Koos | 2005/05/17

Piet

Maybe you should rather shut-up than giving your worthless 2c input.

Reply to Koos
Posted by: Piet | 2005/04/15

Your obviously holding the club the wrong way around. Grip it on the rubber part.

Reply to Piet
Posted by: Dermit | 2004/12/06

The problem is that you're standing too close to the ball after you have hit it.
No, seriously, you could also be lifting your head. Keep looking down at where the ball was.
I disagree with "Jem" as his answer of ball placement contradicts "Golf Coach". Place the ball as far forward as possible. In line with the heel of your left foot (if you are right handed).

Good luck.

Reply to Dermit
Posted by: Jem | 2004/11/11

What it means is that you're topping the ball. I do the same thing from time to time. What I have worked out is that I am coming up during the swing. Try and flex your knees a little more. another thing that might help is if you put the ball a little further back in your stance.

Reply to Jem