Question
Posted by: Angel | 2005/12/02

Historic Day!!!

This is indeed a historic day for us in South Africa! Slowly, but surely - activists, NPO's, organisations, lobby groups and ordinary indivduals are chipping away at laws that discriminate in this country. We need to ensure that the laws of this country is aligned with the guarentees inshrined in our constitution.

The hard work now is to change the mind-sets and the attitudes of individuals who still choose to live their lives in denial, ignorance, prejudice and with absolute disregard to the basic rights of other human beings.

A HUGE THANK-YOU to all those unsung heroes who tirelessly worked behind the scenes while we went on with our daily lives. Thank-you to those working within the sector dealing on a daily basis with issues pertaining to LGBT persons. Let us now together ensure that politicians and parliament put their money where their mouths are and do the work necessary to enable all of us to have equal rights to the protection of the law through civil unions or marriage.

To all the friends who have posted messages wondering what happened to me - thank-you, I'm doing well now after going through a very traumatic time in my personal life. Thanks for the support. I trust that this forum will continue to do the excellent work it has done through all our contributions and the professionalism of the expert. We should never allow issues like the recent language debate, detract negatively and impact negatively on the inroads we have made through this forum in a very short period.

Thanks and blessings.

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Angel - welcome back, we haven't heard from you for a while and several people have wondered why you were so quiet.

2
Posted by: Deeve | 2005/12/02

Howzit Angel ! Good to see you back. One wonders where you guys are, when you go all quiet ..! Hope your'e feeling strong again.
Really well said! Yeah, we tend to forget about those who tirelessly plod on in the background, fighting for issues that we can all benefit from. A Huge Thank-you too.
Cheers

Reply to Deeve
Posted by: GROSMO | 2005/12/02

I COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF.

THANK YOU

Reply to GROSMO