Posted by: heartbroken | 2008/01/10

His parents wont accept us


Please help im so confused cs i feel very sad today i have a huge problem for the past 2 years & it just wont be resolved. I am a 24year old woman dating a guy who is 22 years. We dating for 2 years now we got engaged a year ago. He is a wonderful guy treats me like a queen but the problem is his parents they dont want us to get married this year they say his too young & religion they have a problem that im catholic. We desperately wanna get married because we truly love each other & we in a long distance relationship we only see each other every weekend when he comes to stay at my parents home. I have very strict parents & we not allowed to even sit alone in a room we sleep in separate rooms when he is here & I respect my parents for that as we not married yet but when he leaves to go back home my heart breaks we end up crying & I just cant take being away from him & he feels the same but we have to put our lives on hold for his parents. Im dealing with this for the past year & we end up fighting all the time because of them. My parents adore him & want us to be happy.We have good jobs & I know we can make it work when we married. How can I make them agree to accept our relationship is moving to another level?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

He's fully of age, legally, to marry if and when he pleases, of course. And religious prejudices ought to be a thing of the past. YEs, mariages across religious differences, like marriages across racial or cultural differences, may be more difficult in some ways, but nothing that can't be surmounted with good will on all sides.
Wouldn't it be a good idea for the pair of you to see a good relationship / marriage counsellor NOW, so as to work towards sorting out these cocnerns and learning good ways of dealing with difficulties, prior to marriage ?

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: poochie | 2008/01/17

marry me girl

Reply to poochie
Posted by: Echelle | 2008/01/10

It's time that he stand up to his parents. They are so unfair. I really feel sorry for you! This is your life and his life, not their lives!

Reply to Echelle

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.