Question
Posted by: vkg | 2007/06/07

his 3rd my 1st child im sad

my fiance has two children one is 6 the other 1 1/2 im expecting his third i feel very robbed of that special first time being taken to the doctor the fear of seeing the child the overprotectiveness as a first time father he has experience twice and was there at the second childs birth throughout the pregnancy i feel like im alone in my new experiences from back pains, scans development and cravings he knows it all tells me im overreacting women dont become that way the whole crazy shopping for anything thats for a baby is mine he loves my child cause were getting married after the baby is born. im sad really sad that im on my own for my first he has had it twice,
when i fell in love with him i never knew about the children he only told me when he thought i was ready, he told me before that he has skeletons in his closet he will tell me when he is ready by then i was hooked. i love his son so much as if he is mine he is so sweet you should see how we get along, the second child lives in another province and the mother and i dont get along (she used to stalk me)
am i being unreasonable infeeling as though im being cheated out of my first child experiences?

OK, but long before you chose to have a child with him, you knew he couldn't be a First TIme Father --- its like virginity, you can't keep on losing it each week. BUT, with experience, he might be a better third time dad than he was the first time round --- that could be even better. He should be able to be even more helpful to you with your first-time experiences of pregnancy, having learned from his prvious experiences.
And get it clear --- YOU are not being cheated out of ANY fiorst child experience --- that is all yours. You just have a more experienced guide, which ought to be even better than if you went through this as the first time for both of you. Enjoy what you have

3
Posted by: vkg | 2007/06/07

thanks love the advise and yes my hormones are hey wire up now down later but he has plenty of support and advice to giveand he does love my baby

Reply to vkg
Posted by: RMC | 2007/06/07

don't feel bad friend! It is still your first. Sure he still loves baby. At least he should have no problem changing poopy nappies and all that.

I dont think you are unreasonable but remember when you are preggies everything seems like a train smash and a global disaster.

Reply to RMC
Posted by: beenthere | 2007/06/07

please don't assume that you are the last baby mamma! - i think there's more drama coming doll!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to beenthere