Posted by: Jeanette | 2007/12/05

hips ache

When I ly on my side, my hips ache to the extent that I wake up. they do not ache when I am sitting, walking or lying on my back. I pulled the muscles in my lower back over easter weekend, and since then I keep getting tweeks in my lower back. My mother suffers from osteoporosis. do I need to see an orthopaedic surgeon, chiropractor or GP? Please advis what I should do.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Jeanette
You can see your GP first - he needs to do the basic examination to see whether the pain is hip related or maybe coming from your back. He may decide to send you for x/rays or a bone densitity test. It could be hip bursitis, inflammation of the sinovial membranes inside the joints that is causing the pain, or arthritis of the joint or referred pain from a pinced nerve in your back.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.