Question
Posted by: Peet | 2004/01/18

Hips

Hi there. I am a male 22 years of age. I have a problem with big hips. What is the normal size for a male? Secondly I want to find out if it's possible to reduce the size of the hips? I find it difficult to get the perfect trousers because my waist is small but my hips big. What to do? Thirdly, is it genetically or did something perhaps went wrong at my birth, why do some men have big hips?

Thank you very much.

Peet

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Peet,

There is no such thing as a normal size for anything. If the hip bones are big, there is nothing that can be done about it. It is part of your normal anatomy, and could be genetic. Liposuction would only be suitable if you have excess fat around the hip area.