Question
Posted by: lala | 2004/11/09

hipnose

Ek is 'n bulimie lyer en het tien jaar terug hipnose ontvang om die oorsaak te kry. Onder hipnose het dit uitgekom dat ek verkrag is in my vroeë tienerjare. Wat ek egter nie verstaan nie is dat ek wel kan onthou ek is gemolesteer maar nie seker van die verkragting nie.Soms wonder ek of het dit wel gebeur of nie.Ek kry sekere beelde in my van hoe dit was maar ek voel ek kan nie meer onderkei tussen of dit gebeur het en of dit net my verbeelding is nie.Hoe kan ek weet of dit die waarheid is of nie?Kan ek onder hipnose iets laat uitkom sonder dat dit die waarheid is?

lala, one should NEVER believe any new story that emerges in that way under hypnosis, and only a quack therapist would use hypnosis in treating bulimia. Under hypnosis you become so very highly suggestable, that you are liable to "remember" anything the hypnotists wants you or expects you to remember, whether or not it is true. And almost every single actual vistim of rape or abuse DOES remember it, and indeed suffers from the pain of those memories --- they do NOT completely forget about it and only redicsover it under hypnosis. As you say, you DO remmber being molested, and that is typical and credible --- and if you could remember the one, it's extremely unlikely that you would somehow have "forgotten" the other. he more you talk about it with a naive and inadequately trained "therapist" who uses hypnosis improperly, the more you will remember and picture, even if nothing of the sort ever actually happened.
It is established beyond possible doubt that ALL "memories" produced under hypnosis are unreliable, and too many are indeed untrue and inaccurate, and they cannot be relied on.
If you have bulimia, you need to be treated by an expert psychiatrist, preferably one specializing in Eating Disorders, not someone who unwisely uses hypnopsis in a condition in which there is no evidence that it's of any benefit whatsoever.
Yes, forget hypnosis, which is NEVER EVER the best treatment for any form of problem, and often the worst. And NEVER go for treatment to a "hypnotist" or "hypnotherapist" --- not only are there no proper qualifications for such a claim ( an American colleague managed to get his pet cat certified as a Hypnotherapist with several organizations ), but you never need a therapist who is like a handyman with only one single tool in his toolbox. You wouldnt get your house built by a guy with no tool but a hammer.

2
Posted by: JM | 2004/11/09

Hi lala,

Dit is defnitief waar wat Paul sê. Die slegste van alles is dat jy hierdie persoon met jou hele hart vertrou (want hy gaan jou mos help) en dat gee jy hom die "power" oor jou.

Ek self was vir hipnose, sedertdien is ek 'n emosionele wrak. My vriendin was ook vir hipnose, sy het uitgevind sy is gemolesteer deur haar eie broer, sy weier om te praat daaroor, will niks van haar familie weet nie.

Op die einde van die dag moet jy self tog besluit of jy die beelde glo of nie.

Maar 'n woord van advies: Vergeet hipnose.

Reply to JM
Posted by: Paul | 2004/11/09

Oh ja virseker jy kan. Onder hipnose is jy baie "suceptable" en idees kan in jou kop geprop wees.

Reply to Paul