Question
Posted by: larky | 2005/11/21

Hip/Lower back pain

I have been experiencing hip pain, especially when I have been sitiing for a while and stand up, sometimes it is so painful that I have to stand still before I can walk.

My back pain is also when I get up from sitting, then I cannot get up straight for a while.

Please help. I have been drinking calcium tablets and it seems to help just a little but as soon as I run out it's worse again.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Larky
I think you need to see a doctor who can examine you properly and do the necessary tests and X-rays to determine the cause of your discomfort. There could be more than one cause and a doctor who can physically examine you would give a better diagnosis. Calcium tablets would not cure your pain, but is good for preventing osteoporosis (brittle bones)