Question
Posted by: nelson | 2004/10/16

hip problem ?

Hi there i have a 6 month old Doberman ,about a week ago he started limping on his right back leg and not putting weight on it . he plays alot with the other dogs and has been growing fast . if you examine his leg he shows no signs of pain at all but he is limping ? pls can toy give me some advice .thanks

Any pain anywhere in that leg can result in the lameness, and it is impossible for me to tell what the problem might be. The general rule is, if it persists longer than a few days, it needs veterinary attention. Very fast growth may result in lameness as well, but then usually several limbs will be affected.

Dr Malan van Zyl
Veterinary Specialist Physician
Cape Town

2
Posted by: nelson | 2004/10/18

thanks 4 the advice

Reply to nelson
Posted by: Chill | 2004/10/16

Get it checked out.

Could be he hurt it temporarily and is still favouring it, out of habit or fear of pain.. But maybe there's damage somewhere, and if you don't get it seen to this could lead to future problems.

Reply to Chill