Question
Posted by: DIDI | 2007/06/19

HIP PAIN AFTER BACK OPERATION

my dad had a back operation 2 months ago and now he is complaining of severe pain in his left hip, is this as a result of the operation?he is not very active and lies flat on his back for most of the day.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

He probably should be moving a little more. Not good to lie down for extended periods. Most surgeons etc do promote getting back on your feet as soon as possible. However, as I am not sure of what actual procedure was performed - I would recommend talking to your family physician or the surgeon who did the operation.