Question
Posted by: SANDY | 2008/01/17

HIP PAIN

My mom 93 suffers from pain in the hip and goes into the groin that pain is very painful she cannot handle. She gets the pain when she sits then she has to standup quickly before it goes into her groin, what can I do or give her to relieve the pain.

Hallo Sandy
She needs to see a doctor as these are signs of hip joint disease - probably needs an x/ray. She may have fractured the hip or have severe arthritis. Be careful with anti-inflammatory medication at her age, may cause bleeding and water retention. Panado/Dolorol Forte should be safe to use if she is not allergic to any ingredients.
dr Bets