Posted by: Shez | 2008/10/02

hip athroscopy

I have a major dislocation in my hip when i was young and have been experiencing pain in the hip and back pain as well. My CT scan showed a flake fracture and loose bone fragments in the hip. I saw a Dr oosthuizen who referred me to a Dr de Wilde as he recommends i would need a hip athroscopy to prolong a hip replacement one day. I have been told that not many doctors in JHB do this procedure which is why I was referred to Dr De wilde. Is this true?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Shez
I really cannot answer this question, and I'm sure that Dr oosthuizen would know better about that. I do think removing the bone splints is a good idea as it can cause osteo-arthritis in the hip joint which then ultimately would require a hip replacement.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.