Question

Hiosgenoot

Billy referred to a Huisgenoot article (about gay marriage?) - does anyone know what that was about?

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Anon and thanks for this post, and to Fenry for responding.

I'll look out for the article.

3
Posted by: Nikki | 2007/03/12

Hold on Crazy,

Nothing else BUT gay being NORMAL is proved here LOL.

My friend is a divorce lawyer, he drives a Porsche, thanks to Heterosexual divorces !!!! ;)

Obviously the media will blow this up BUT it proves beyond doubt that gay relationships are as normal as is hetero.

In this particular instance I think the age gap (50+ vz 20) do add to the situation but lets wish them luck hey!

xxxxxxx
Nikki

Reply to Nikki
Posted by: craZy | 2007/03/12

Read News24 today... They are back together... this is not good PR for the gay community...

Reply to craZy
Posted by: Ferny | 2007/03/10

Hi. I would imagine it's the same article which is in the YOU magazine. It's about the first gay divorce in SA. A 53 year old married a 20 year old in January 2007 and within weeks they are set for divorce !!

Of course with gay marriage being pretty new, it's to be expected that it's splashed all over the magazines etc. Naturally it doesn't help GLBT people because the homophobes out there will point fingers and say "What do you expect?"

But i say that it's JUST the same as any other marriage that doesn't work out. Let's face it the age gap, the fact that they had known each other only a few weeks before the marriage etc were all factors leading to the divorce. NOT the fact that they are gay, that is just incidental. The same could have happened to a straight couple in the same situation.

Perhaps Billy canlet us know if she was referring to the same story.

Cheers for now. Love & hugs - Ferny :-)

Reply to Ferny