Question
Posted by: ash | 2005/11/21

highly sensitive nerves in elbow area (funny bone)

Not sure what causes this but on a regular basis (3-4 times per week) the nerves in my elbows become inflamed to the point that i can not rest my arms on a table without feeling like i am banging my "funny bone". this sends a shock like sensation through to the tips of my fingers.

Ash, it sounds like it might be due to an inflamed bursa (cushion like structure protecting the underlying tissues) and the easiest would be to see your doctor and make sure. You can try taking an anti-inflammatory like Coxflam® on a daily basis for a week or so if you want to try some first. Good luck.