Question
Posted by: Trudie | 2004/03/04

Highly Allergic

Boy 13 years
Allergic to peanuts, wheat, tree nuts, fish and shellfish, wheat, Fruit, Certain Trees, Grass, Bees and Doghair.

I took him for bloodtests and got the results back yesterday.

Where do I start and what do I feed him ?

Dear Trudie
In such a case you MUST consult a a clinical dietitian (check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian help you to work out a diet that avoids all these dietary allergens and still promotes growth in your teenage son. It is a difficult to task to avoid all foods that contain the list of allergens and the dietititian will have to guide you on food choices and how to identify allergens in processed foods.
Holding thumbs for you and your son.

1
Posted by: Nutrition Nut | 2004/03/04

Go read the articles by Dr Tim O'Shea. You'll find them on www dot thedoctorwithin.com

Usually, we're not actually allergic to things in our environment. We have over-stimulated immune systems.

The solution is to eliminate the stuff in our diet that triggers the imune system. Dr O'Shea explains this very well.

Reply to Nutrition Nut