Question
Posted by: amber | 2007/05/24

High white blood cell count

I have noticed many times when I go to my gyn they write that I have a high white blood cell count, about 6 years ago the doctor also told me I have one.

What can it mean when I have chronic blood tests saying that I have a high white blood cell count? I know it is to fight off infection but at those times I had no infections.

What do you think?

Hi Amber
You may have underlying allergies or just have a natural high white cell count - let them do a CRP - if that is also high you probably have a symptomless infection somewhere.