Question
Posted by: nicci | 2007/05/22

High Testosterone

Hi! I have a high testosterone level of +/-3. I have gone for MRI Scan of adrenal glands and ovaries - everything normal. But my doc still suspects something wrong with adrenal gland. Did sonar for Pcos - ovaries looks clean. We have been trying for a baby for 4 months. Anyways I'll be seeing a internist in a month (cannot get appointment before then). In the mean time,can we just keep on trying to get pregnant or should we wait? I am 25 years old. Thank You!

Dear Nicci

I am sure that if you continue trying to conceive there will be no adverse or untoward complications, provided that the high testosterone level is not associated with androgenisation or virilization (changes in voice towards that of male and other male related symptoms appearing).