Question
Posted by: | 2018/12/10

Libido

Hi I am a 31 yr female, I have been single for more than a year, but I have a sexual partner and I get to have sex maybe once a week. Problem is that I am also very much in the mood for sex like everyday all the time. I do masturbate and it does not hinder me in anyway, its just that I think about sex a lot and want it a lot. How do I tone it down or what do I do about it?

Expert ImageSex expert
- 2018/12/14

Hello. It is great to hear that you have a healthy sex drive. Is there any way you can ask that sexual partner to be available more than once a week? Masturbation is helpful, but I understand that it is not like skin to skin contact, and sometimes frequent masturbation can actually heighten your sex drive, because you are focusing on sex. 

If you really want to decrease your sex drive a little perhaps you can take up a hobby (dancing, singing, painting?), exercise more, volunteer for community projects - activities that take your mind off sex (so I realize that exercise, dancing or singing may not actually work in your case!).

Otherwise there is nothing wrong with often being in the mood...you may feel a little frustrated occasionally, but not always having all our needs met is part of being human...so welcome to the human race.