Question
Posted by: Shaz | 2005/01/05

High Protien in blood

I have been ffeling very ill lately and went to my G.P. After completing some tests, I have been told that I have a very high level of Protein. I do not eat a lot of red meat and am not sure what has caused this. What does it mean to have a high protein level and how does this effect ones health? Is there a diet I should follow to lower this condition?
Should I be concerned by these test results?

Dear Shaz
I don't understand this result. If you had high protein levels in your urine then it would indicate that you have a kidney problem and you could adjust your diet, but in the blood? sounds strange to me. Check those results or ask the dr to specify where these high protein levels are. If you have kidney disease then you need to consult a clinical dietitian to work out a low-protein diet for you. Check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area. Many foods contain protein, e.g. milk and dairy products, legumes, grains, nuts, seed, etc.
Please clarify this with your dr and if you have a serious kidney problem please consult that dietitian ASAP.
Holding thumbs for you