Question
Posted by: s | 2004/03/11

high protien

Hi. I am on a high protien diet and every thing is going great. Feel great ect. Now I am pregnant can I still go on eating like this. For I do not eat any sugars, starch. carb, I do eat salad. I a very good multivit and other vits to.

Dear S
I am personally NOT in favour of these high-protein diets and would urge you to rather eat a balanced diet now that you are pregnant. Too high a protein intake can stress your kidneys which would not be beneficial during pregnancy. Please consult a clinical dietitian to have a special diet worked out for you and your baby. Check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area.