Question
Posted by: Lucy | 2004/10/09

High protein diet

I just want to say that I think people really don't understand a high protein diet. It doesn't say anything about only eating meat, fat etc. You only eat 20g of veggies and salad a day for the first 2 weeks, then you move your good carbs up. You do get enough from each food group. The whole thing about Atkins is to stop eating bad carbs, like white bread, pasta and white rice, and don't forget about all those bad sugars. You still get your fruit sugars in, but they are just more healthy.
Atkins changed my life. I lost 25 kg in 5 months and kept the weight off for more than 3 1/2 years. I don't suffer from anything, I have loads of energy and I have never looked better.

Dear Lucy
Thank you for this contribution. You are lucky because the majority of individuals who use the Atkins Diet do develop problems such as raised cholesterol - there is even a court case in the USA relating to this type of problem. Other people regain all the weight they have lost. So if it works for you, that is good, but it is not suitable for most individuals, esp in SA where such a large percentage of the population suffer from raised blood fat levels.

7
Posted by: N@ts | 2004/10/12

Hi Lucy

Ek wil baie graag so 5kg verloor voor my troue in Desember. Ek kan nie nou bekostig om Atkins te gaan koop nie. kan jy my dalk 'n paar ruglyne gee hoe en wat en wanneer ek kan eet, groot asb?

baie dankie,

Reply to N@ts
Posted by: Katz | 2004/10/11

Please give me your detailed list on what to eat and what not too, as I am overweight and tried everything and have not lost any kilo's , please , send me the diet schedule, please LUCY.

Reply to Katz
Posted by: Jacqui | 2004/10/11

Only the carbs count - you dont count calories. You can snack on biltong, droewors, also try some nuts - I liked cashews and pecans.

Reply to Jacqui
Posted by: Lola | 2004/10/11

Jenna, how long did it take for you to lose the 13 kilos? Cause I am not overweight, would just like to lose a few kilos for the summer. Also have the same question as trix, is droewors a good choice fir snacking? Does the amount of kilojoules you consume count or only the carbs, b'cause I heard that only the carbs count?...

Reply to Lola
Posted by: Jenna | 2004/10/11

Hi Lucy

It is about time that someone set the record straight. I agree with you 100%, people have such a bad perception of the Atkins, I wish they would just take the time to understand it. I also lost 13ks on Atkins, feeling totally great and enjoying life.

Thanks again

Reply to Jenna
Posted by: trix | 2004/10/11

:) I meant Hi Lucy, silly me!

Reply to trix
Posted by: trix | 2004/10/11

Hi Trix

I agree with you, people often get the concept of Atkins wrong, could you maybe tell me what you eat during the day as n snack, causefrom time to time I get the urge to snack and i dont know on what? Im still on the induction phase, do you think droewors and biltong is appropiate, as i really love it! Your advice would be appriciated.

Reply to trix