Question
Posted by: Wolfie | 2008/05/26

High level of uric acid

As I was having joint pain after exercise my GP did a blood test and said my Uric acid level is high enough to cause gout. I am 38, female don't touch alcohol at all! I am 20kg overweight (height 1.63). I use Epimax plus daily for my very dry skin, sometimes excema on legs. It contains 10% Urea. Could this cause me to have the high level? And what can I do to reduce it? I am also low in iron stores, tried Chelafer then Ferrimed but it irritated my stomach now going to try Floradix liquid. Do you think its because I'm overweight and eat poorly (laziness). I exercise 4 to 5 times per week but don't loose weight. Am now seeing Biokineticist.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Gout due to a high uric acid level has many causes, especially your diet. The 10% urea in your cream will not cause a high uric acid level. You can alleviate your problem by taking Puricos on a daily basis, as well as consuming a lot of water (3 liters plus).

Kind regards

1
Posted by: Claudia | 2009/01/27

My husband has had this illness for almost 3 years nothing helps just seems to get worse. He also suffers from dry scalp.

To help his uric acid he takes puricos. Do you think this could worsen the problem.

Reply to Claudia