Question
Posted by: PMS | 2008/05/21

High FSH & Progesterone level

Dear Doctor

Just want to enquire if a high FSH level on CD3 becomes relevant
in determining if conception will occur, if, via medication a high progesterone lvel can be achieved on CD21.

I am 36, have had 2 xAI and one cancelled iVF. Suibsequently, my FSH was fluctuating between 18 and 30.
My last cycle fSH on D3 was 21.3, I was given medication and my progesterone on CD21 was 45.6.

Although no pregnancy occurred, does it mean that there is still a chance that pregnancy can occur, considering that the response was "good".

Dear PMS

The high FSH certainly is extremely disconcerting and indicates ovarian resistance or early ovarian failure. Usually the outcomes in this situation are poor and I would consider alternative avenues.

1
Posted by: Dee | 2008/05/22

Due to your high FSH levels, your egg quality is most probably questionable. Prog levels determine only if you have ovulated and says nothing about the quality of the egg released, therefore a high prog on D21 means you did ovulate but the fact that no preg occurs is most probably due to the high FSH level on D3. My FC needs an FSH level of below 15 to start treatment. You can try wheatgrass tablets and acupucture to try and bring the FSH level down.

Reply to Dee