Posted by: Warren | 2009/02/03

High-Frequency Tinnitis

To whom it may concern,

I was just wondering if there is a cure yet or form of medication that can reduce the noise level associated with High-Frequency Tinnitis?

I have quite a servere case and it just seem to be getting louder and louder, it keeps me awake at night and I get pounding headaches... I've tried all sorts of techniques including play a radio to try and drown out the noise but nothing seems to help!

Is there something I can do or is there someone who can help?

Warren de Bruyn

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageArchive

Dear Warren
There are various medications that can help for tinnitus - the ideal is to first have a full examination by an Ear nose and throat specialist to determine possible causes that can be removed. Side effects of some medications, stress, vascular abnormalities, impacted ear wax and infections are some of the treatable causes of tinnitus.
Ask your GP to refer you to an ENT specialist in your area
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.