Question
Posted by: jax | 2006/11/13

high fibre diet

Dietdoc,
thank you for your kind words and encouragement regarding my post #901. i really appreciate it!
i was just looking at your HIGH FIBRE article under Diet, and was wondering if one eats those high fibre foods, will i really lose weight ? and are high fibre foods also LOW GI ?
i just downloaded a list of LOW GI foods off the net and health24 and just created my own LOW GI diet from that... didn't have money to see a dietician.
but it's really helped me, the LOW GI diet !! i love it!
thank you again

Dear Jax
I am glad that I could be of assistance. The reason why eating high-fibre foods induces weight loss is that the fibre firstly 'dilutes' the energy content of these foods, so that they are lower in energy content or less energy dense that low fibre foods. In addition high-fibre foods promotes bowel regularity so that the passage of food through the body is speeded up. Many high-fibre foods are also low GI as you will have noticed from your download from the Website. Try this high-fibre, low-GI diet and combine it with the exercise you do to get the best results.