Question
Posted by: kasandra | 2007/08/01

High cholestrol

My cholestrol is 7.2 i am on simvastatin but want to switch to lescol xl, how do u compare the two? could one drink tablets pass expiring date? i still have tablets from last year when my cholestrol also was high

Hallo Kasandra
No I would not recommend that you use expired drug as it may not be effective or can even be harmful. Lescol and Simvastatin is in the same family of drugs - you can surely try this - not all people react the same to drugs so it is difficult to predict if this will be better for you or not. It can do harm to try it.