Question

High Cholestorol and no tabs

I have heriditory high cholestorol. I used to be on Lipitor (10mg), but then Discovery changed it to Adco-simvistatin (20mg). In the meantime I cancelled my medical aid and for the last 2 months have not been taking any cholestorol meds.

My question now is: how long will it take before I will be in trouble for not drinking the meds? will it help if I just make sure that I don't eat fatty foods, etc.? i don't drink and smoke and I am female, 30 years old. Not overweight and do not exercise.

Dear anon
a good low fat diet is important but not always enough if you have familial high cholesterol. Cant you get your medication at a provincial hospital?