Posted by: Ruby | 2008/06/15

High BP

Hello Doctor,
I went to see my doctor yesterday. When he took my BP it was a bit high 150 dont know over what. That is very high for me since 'normal'for me is about 100-110 over 60-80. He said it is very high for me, he is busy running some tests and is getting to the bottom of all my symptoms. (I have a very rare disease: pseudohypoparathyroidism, as well as osteomalagia, connective tissue disorder, virtigo, tachycardia.) Just want to know, last night I woke up at 3am with what felt like my heart beating in my hands, feet, arms and head. I also had a bad headache. Is that due to high BP? It is the first time I had an experience like that? Do I need to be concerned about that or is it normal? I am fine today, I cant feel my heart beating (apart from when I measure it), I still have a headache. What can be the cause of high BP? Thanks Doctor :-) Regards Ruby

There are a multitude of reasons for high blood pressure, hence the tests your doctor is busy running. The most common cause for high blood pressure, is idiopathic. Therefore, no reason at all. I do however, suggest that you a 24 hour blood pressure monitor done, in order to assess your blood pressure over a 24 hour period. This will give a clear idea if you should start taking anti-hypertensive medication.

Kind regards

Posted by: Deen | 2008/11/10

I seem to feel itchyness in my legs hand head and back for the last three days what could this be. there is no pimples, rash or skin discolouration yet my body just feels itchy.

Reply to Deen
Posted by: Cornel | 2008/06/16

Hi Ruby.

Ek moes 2 weke gelede weer hospitaal toe en jy sal nie glo nie, maar my BP was 141/99 en later die dag weer 139/91 en dit is HOOG aangesien my BP wat ek by die huis monitor gewoonlik tussen 90/60-100/70 wissel.

Ek het ook al agter gekom dat as die GP's my BP meet dit gewoonlik 110/70 en soms nog meer is.

Ek dink dis stres-verwant :)

Reply to Cornel