Question
Posted by: ELSA | 2008/05/30

High bloodcount

I just want to find out i went for blood test and they did a full blood count and the results said that my blood count is 454 which means that it is very High I drink a disprin (ecotrin) everymorning I just want to find out will this bring my bloodcount down

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

A full blood count consists of 8 different counts. Please therefore, be spesific as to which count was 454. Are you referring to the platelet count? A disprin will only prolong your clotting abilities and does not reduce your blood count.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: anxious | 2008/06/01

what blood count was high - an fbc is a set of lots of tests - i.e. red cell count, an estimation of haemoglobin level in red cells, white cell count, differential white cell count and platelet and blood smear - so you should ask your dr what was specifically high. White cell counts are in thousands, i.e. the normal levels are up to 11 000 so anything over that usually indicates infection or inflammation of some sort but high counts of something is not really useful on its own, the info is usually only of use in conjunction with other problems/symptoms, i.e. if you have a bad chest infection you will normally have a high white cell count, indicating the infection. You would probably have had the fbc because you had some problem of some sort - fbc is a very detailed guide to doctors to see if anything is wrong and you are presenting with symptoms/problems.

Reply to anxious