Question
Posted by: Lerato | 2003/01/24

High blood pressure, dizziness and vasculitis

I was ill with dizziness of which the cause could not be found. I did an MRI which showed inflammation of my sinuses and vessels in the brain.The vasculitis, doctors said it will go away on itself as I am only 24. I have had two episodes of high blood pressure and the last was 137/101 could you explain what it means they said it was too high. How come the diastolic-101 was this high, what does it represent and the 137 what does it also represent? I am a bit not so okay about the vasculitis that showed in my MRI because I have had problems with remembering what I was going to say or do, and these episodes make me confused and in most cases trigger my panic attack episodes which I have had under control by breathing and other psychological measures. Please help.

Lerato, the upper reading is the pressure at which the heart pumps and the lower reading is the pressure at which the heart rests. Normal blood pressure is lower or equal to 135/85 mm Hg (mercury). If you blood pressure returns to normal after your illness has cleared up, you have nothing to worry about, but if it stays that high you will have to start taking treatment. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Health24 | 2003/01/24

Dear Lerato
You may be interested in our comprehensive Hypertension Condition Centre. Hope you find it useful.
Kind regards
Health24

Reply to Health24