Question
Posted by: Dell | 2008/01/09

High Blood Pressure and Triphasil Pill

Good day, Doc

Last month my blood pressure was 209/110 and i am worried because before i used Triphasil pills my blood pressure was normal. Please advise if Triphasil can trigger blood pressure to this high.

Your reply will be highly appreciated.

Dear Dell
Most birth control pills can increase blood pressure, including Triphasil — especially for women who are over 35, women who are overweight and women who smoke. Have your blood pressure checked regularly.
You may need to try a different type of birth control pill or another form of birth control. Alternatives may be the Mirena IUD, using condoms or the Depo Provera injection.

1
Posted by: 26435 | 2008/03/31

my girlfriend was on Triphasil for six months last injection was in January we are now trying to have a baby with no luck what are the chances that she will fall pregnant.

Reply to 26435