Posted by: Diane | 2009/03/05

High Blood Pressure

I am 48 yrs old. Am about 15 kg overweight. my blood pressure taken today at a Chemist was 150/100. they did it again to make sure. is this worrying - should I visit a doctor?
If you could please advise thanks.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hi Diane
Take your blood pressure daily for a week and work out the average top and bottom - if the top is >140 and/or the bottom is >90, you need to see a doctor as this could be high blood pressure.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Mamma | 2009/03/13

My blood pressure taken at the clinic last monday was 132 /110
My weight 82kg. Please help me reduce my blood pressure and weight. I was adviced not to eat too much salt, sugar, fats and to drink more water . Will this help?

Worried Mamma

Reply to Mamma

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.