Question
Posted by: Gillian | 2008/05/21

High Blood Pressure

Hi Doc, I am 26 weeks pregnant. The last 2 weeks every now and then I feel dizzy and it feels as if I cannot pick up my arms. Occassionally I "hear" my heart beating in my ears. Could this perhaps be a sign of high blood pressure. I have picked up quite a bit of weight, could this also be the cause of me not feeling well. Many a day I really feel overly exhausted. Do you think this is normal?

These are normal side effects of pregnancy, not related to high blood pressure. Low blood pressure is more likely.

Best wises

1
Posted by: not a doctor but worried... | 2008/05/23

Hi Gillian,

I have no expert medical knowledge but out of my own experience want to advise you to go to either your doctor or a pharmacy. High blood pressure is extremely harmful to yourself and the baby. Sorry for "neus insteek" but it seems the gynae doc is on leave!! and I know that you MUST see an expert immediately.

Reply to not a doctor but worried...