Question
Posted by: Ronni | 2007/03/16

High blood pressure

good day, is there anything besides medication that can help to reduce blood pressure. Ive had a kidney transplant almost 5 years ago and I eat healthy but now dr's say my bood pressure is to high. they started me one one but gave me terrrible headaches, upset stomache etc. i have a two week break before I go back for a check up and wanted advise if there is a herb or food substance that I could take

thanking you

Dear Ronni
Because you have had a kidney transplant it is essential that you consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). I cannot give you a diet like the DASH diet which was developed to lower bp, without taking a full diet history, which is impossible over the Internet. Please see a dietitian ASAP so that she/he can work out a low-salt, low-protein diet for you to address the high bp.
Holding thumbs for you